The Benefits to Arming Civilian Crime Scene Investigators.
Hello I am a student in North Carolina and I am conducting a research product on the benefits of arming civilian Crime Scene Investigators with firearms. I do have some questions for everyone that is currently in the field of forensic investigations.
1) Do you carry a firearm? If so what is the state and city/county you work for.
2) Are you Sworn or non-sworn?
3) Do you feel as if since your position puts you in the field and in dangerous situations at time that you should be allowed to carry if you do not already?
4) If you do not carry firearms does your department give you means of personal protection?
5) Do you respond to scenes when there is no officer such as priority (4) calls where you a civilian are sent to a crime scene that has not been cleared?
Those are just a few questions to start and I hope that I get a good response back. My hope is that by conducting this research I can help change a few policies for the better.