Time stamp in camera and copy machine

whatever847
Hi,

I need some information for a legal case. I hear cameras camcorders and copy machines have a time stamp embedded in to the hardware software and photos. Im wondering how somebody would go about recovering this information?

Thanks for information.

Re: Time stamp in camera and copy machine

You are asking about METADATA, which is "data about data." I don't know about copy machines, but with cameras data is recorded for each photograph. Depending on the camera, it can include date, time, camera settings, etc.

If you want to rely on date and time recorded in the metadata, be aware the date and time must have been accurately set in the camera sometime before the photographs in question were taken.

The metadata is in each photograph and can be accessed by using the software that came with the camera, a photo editing program (like Photo Shop), or using a utility.

Further information:

whatever847 wrote