Too Old Too?

Posted by ForensicOne2be ForensicOne2be
Hi. I'm 54 yrs. old, am now 2 & 1/2 yrs. into my forensic science degree program [will graduate soon with an A.A. & A.S., then on toward my B.S.]. Lately I've been scanning 4 yr. universities & colleges, and from what I can see, it will take me another 2 yrs. minimum, 3 yrs. probably, to finish my B.S. degree in Forensic Science. Some of my employment history: I've been a firefighter [almost 9 yrs.; career ended, hurt on the job], worked at a state prison [almost 3 yrs.], worked as a civilian cop on an Air Force Base, worked as a management supervisor for a property management company for 7 yrs.. Will employers look at me as being too old to enter the field of Forensic Science, either as a CSI or a laboratory technician? Or, would they look at my employment history & see useful elements from my previous jobs, and my maturity as being assets for them? I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks a lot.

Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: Too Old Too?

I would think that setting age restrictions would be considered age discrimination which goes against being an equal opportunity employer.  As far as I know, if you meet all the educational, background, and physical requirements of the job, there should be no reason to not be considered for hire.  Your past professions would most likely be considered great assets.
ForensicOne2be ForensicOne2be

Re: Too Old Too?

Dear Sara:  Thank you ever so much for answering my Qs. That was very nice of you & I appreciate the input. By the time I'm done w/school I plan on having all my bases covered, in spades.  :) Have a good day.   ~Diana Miller

I would think that setting age restrictions would be considered age discrimination which goes against being an equal opportunity employer.  As far as I know, if you meet all the educational, background, and physical requirements of the job, there should be no reason to not be considered for hire.  Your past professions would most likely be considered great assets.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Too-Old-Too-tp4278810p4288383.html
To unsubscribe from Too Old Too?, click here.

Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: Too Old Too?

You are very welcome, Diana. :)