UK Fingerprint Expert Looking for US work

UK Fingerprint Expert Looking for US work

Ninhydrin
I am a fully qualified Fingerprint Expert (latent print examiner) in the UK, I have been working within a recognised fingerprint bureau for over 13 years but because of all the job insecurities in the british police force at the moment I am looking to seek employment on an international scale.
Does anyone know of anywhere I would gain more knowledge on getting working visas in the US, is it hard to gain employment at the moment as last time I looked Im sure the posts were to be filled with a priority of US citizens.
Also do the US use the same qualifications as in the UK? My qualification is an advanced fingerprint qualification with NPIA.