Ultraviolet Equipment Question

plunkettphoto
RE: Civil, not criminal, evidence photography. I am a civilian - not an office. I have been a professional photographer for almost 20 years and now wish to expand my business to include evidence/legal photography. In the past, I was a member of EPIC (evidence photographers international council) but when I decided to get back to that area I learned of its demise - too bad. So I have been doing a lot of reading and completed an extension course from Texas A&M. Since I already have an extensive set of Canon equipment and various lighting equipment I am reluctant to spend a lot of money on new equipment. I checked with CPS (Canon Professional Services) regarding which "L" lenses would allow ultraviolet light to pass and the response was I should have no problem with any of the L lenses. BUT, I have been, so far, unable to find the equivalent of the Wratten 18A filter. Can someone please direct me to a source for such a filter? Also, I already have a camera body adapted for IR light.... thanks, bill plunkett

Re: Ultraviolet Equipment Question

Bill—

As far as I know, EPIC (Evidence Photographers International Council), is still in operation. They changed their website URL. It is http://www.evidencephotographers.com/index.html.

There is some information about UV photography on http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/csi-photo.html