Want to become a CSI but don´t know where to continue

Want to become a CSI but don´t know where to continue

justany03
Hello, i`m from Panama and I want to become a Crime Scene Investigator, I just graduate from a Criminal Investigation and Security Bachelor in my country and I want to get my master in the U.S., but most of the universities that I see have only a Criminal Justice Master Degree. I want to know if a criminal justice master would help me become a CSI or what other degrees?

Thanks,
Jay

Re: Want to become a CSI but don´t know where to continue

Jay
Hello, I personally have a masters in Criminal Justice, specializing in Forensic Science.  My degree helped me get the job I currently have, but my suggestion to everyone is to get a science degree (biology, chemistry, forensic science, etc.) if they can because a lot of departments are looking for those majors.  However, with your bachelors you may consider a certificate program in forensic science / crime scene investigation.  In that case, you would have the B.A. but also the relevant specialized training, as I'm sure there would be too much coursework to transition to a science degree.

That being said, I am unfamiliar with citizenship requirements for college and jobs in the U.S., but I'm sure someone else can help or that you've done your homework in those areas.  Good luck to you