123

This forum has been created so those in crime scene investigations, as well as those interested in becoming crime scene investigators, may ask and reply to questions in all areas of forensics. Questions may include career advice through specific forensic techniques.

I invite you to register for the forum to post your questions and to answer questions left by other visitors.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for this forum or for the website.

Thanks

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

dungeonmaster
Steve

Thanks for putting this forum together where we can recieve and pass on all kinds of excellent information.

RE: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

You are very welcome. I hope this new forum gets a lot of use.

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

Debbie
Hello Steve,
Thank you so much for developing this forum! There are a lot of people who can use some help in getting into the field.It is a profession that requires a lot of precision and expertise.This is really a great idea!

RE: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

Thank you.

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

robosch
Good to find you have created a forum like this.  Can't wait til you get whole load of people registered and we can really put something great together here.

Good luck!

robosch

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

Wayne
Recently retired after 34 years as a Latent Examiner, just started with a local department as an AFIS operator.  New to this site and looking forward to exchanging information with all users.
Wayne

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

J(Criminalist)
I'm not quite in college yet for my major in Forensic science and I have already found this site useful, this forum will be even better.

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

DennisD
Thanks Steve for a great resource! My name is Dennis from the Pinetop Lakeside Az. Police Dept. I am the Crime Scene/Evidence Technician.

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

talessia
I would like to know are you a CSI agent
Dev

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

Dev
I love love love that you have done this. I am currently going to school to be a CSI. I am trying to drink in everything.
Because only the evidence will never lie.
Dev

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

Dev
That is awesome! Can you tell me more about what you do?
Because only the evidence will never lie.
Dev

Can we know more?

Where are you going to school?
Dev

Kaplan :)
Because only the evidence will never lie.

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

I retired five years ago after 32 years in law enforcement. A good portion of that time I worked as a detective doing all the major crime scene investigations and maintaining the property room. Later I became a manager and managed the detective unit (including crime scene investigations). I have been teaching forensics (mostly evidence collection and forensic photography) for the last 25 years in Southern California. I am the author of the “Crime Scene and Evidence Photographer’s Guide” which is used by thousands of crime scene investigators.

I began the “Crime Scene Investigator Network” website in 1996 as a resource for those who are in forensics and for those interested in the subject.

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

talessia
Whould you answer a few questions about your job for my paper that is due in 3 weeks.

I retired five years ago after 32 years in law enforcement. A good portion of that time I worked as a detective doing all the major crime scene investigations and maintaining the property room. Later I became a manager and managed the detective unit (including crime scene investigations). I have been teaching forensics (mostly evidence collection and forensic photography) for the last 25 years in Southern California. I am the author of the “Crime Scene and Evidence Photographer’s Guide” which is used by thousands of crime scene investigators.

I began the “Crime Scene Investigator Network” website in 1996 as a resource for those who are in forensics and for those interested in the subject.

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Welcome-to-the-Crime-Scene-Investigator-Network-Forum-tp1487255p1515192.html

RE: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

Sure. Go ahead with your questions.

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

Rachel
I'm currently attending the ohio state university and am majoring in criminology and minoring in forensics. i intend to be a crime scene investigator, although I'm not quite sure which branch i guess you'd say, that I'm particularly interested in.
Someone gave me the idea to put classes on hold, go to a police academy and then return to osu. That way i could get a job at a local police department of become a CO for the remainder of my schooling.
Would that be a good way to go of things, or is the police academy not entirely needed?

Re: Welcome to the Crime Scene Investigator Network Forum

Sian
Hello,

I've just registered and this is my first post.  I hope my request is an acceptable one, I am not a CSI I am a make up artist and I have been asked to help with a project that will educate children, police officers in training and forensic photographers in my local area by recreating some scenarios.  The scene I have been asked to create is a death from heroin overdose, now I have googled this numerous times using many different search parameters and I am just not getting the desired results.  I was wondering if anybody on here could provide a link to sites with clear pictures of how a victim of overdose would look - I want my recreation to be as accurate as possible and I have some very good pictures of track marks abscesses etc.

I hope this request is OK on here.

Sian
123