I need some honest feedback.  Although I realize you are never too old to learn anything, if I am going to put the time, money and effort into this....I do want to do this for a living.  Does this seem like a waste at my age?

Any input would be great.

CSI Vegas CSI Vegas

Re: What is too old to get started in Forensic work

I am 30 and in the same situation, but I say that you are never to old to start doing something that makes you truly happy.  If this is the career that you want to retire from, then stop hesitating and get started TODAY!  I am finding that more and more people are changing their careers later in life.  You can do this and I am sure that you will find work!
Hotwired Hotwired

Re: What is too old to get started in Forensic work

I am 46 years old and expect to have another twenty years in the profession.

I am currently the oldest CSI in my office, but have known of much older CSI in the past.

The work does involve lifting, but no one is expected to exert themselves beyond their capabilities.

In my opinion, maturity is an advantage dealing with members of the public.
Stacy Stacy

Re: What is too old to get started in Forensic work

Thank you for the input.   I am going to go have a look-see at the campus next week.

The one reply from Hotwired.....I take it you have been in the business for awhile and are established in your background.  My concern is starting from scratch at my age.

I do agree with the maturity factor in dealing with people...I have been in some form of customer service/management for many years and feel pretty comfortable dealing with people.

I am still on the fence...maybe after my tour of the campus next week it will help me figure out what to do.

Thanks again and any other folks that want to give their opinion, I still welcome.