What should I major in?

Sean B.
Hi all,

I'm currently enrolled in a Community College in Southern California with the intention of transferring to UCR due to their Crime Scene Investigation Certificate. However, I'm not sure what major I should be declaring while enrolled in the Community College. The school I'm currently enrolled in offers majors in Administration of Justice and Sciences. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Sean B.

Re: What should I major in?

Wynter
I would major in a science. I have a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and am finding that most positions are looking for a degree in a science. I am also working on the crime scene certificate at UCR. I will be done with everything in October 2011. It is a great program, but SUPER expensive (each class is like 300-700), and at this point, I don't think it is going to help me in the end to find a job. Hope this helps, good luck!

Re: What should I major in?

Bo Jo
Hi Wynter,
So how did the Crime Scene Investigation certificate work for you? I'm thinking about registering for the program.