Wise Choice?

DanielPJr
Hello everyone I'm new to this website and i found all of its information very helpful, right now i am a California resident still in college majoring in biology, i was wondering if this major would teach me techniques that are useful for the CSI field? I was also wondering if minoring in criminal justice would help my chances, or if getting a certification in crime scene investigation would be more beneficial than the minor in criminal justice.

Re: Wise Choice?

Sara Staggs
Most agencies prefer to hire individuals with hard science BS degrees, so you are on the right track.  As far as supplementing your degree with with either criminal justice or crime scene investigation, that all depends on the type of job you want.  If you want to be a crime scene investigator or a forensic scientist and work in the lab, the certificate in CSI would be generally be the better choice.

Here is some more information on becomeing a CSI: http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/becomeone.html