Working as a CSI in the USA from the UK

Kirsty
Hi, I don't know if anyone will be able to help me, but I am studying a CSI degree at the moment in the UK and am seriously wanting to move out to USA and work as a CSI.  Does anyone know if this is possible and how easy / hard is it to find employment?

Thanks anyone who can help!

Re: Working as a CSI in the USA from the UK

Kristy--

There is a lot of competition for CSI jobs in the USA, but it is still a growing field with lots of opportunity. I have met at least on CSI working in the USA who came from the UK, so it is possible.

But the big question for you is how can you qualify to work in the United States. You can do a little research on the internet (google: working in the usa as a British citizen) but as I understand it you need to do one of these:

  • Have a Green Card (Permanent Residence) to work legally in the United States.
  • OR find an employer who will sponsor you for a temporary worker visa for a job opening they have. Since there are a lot of USA citizens applying for the CSI jobs, it might be difficult for you to get an agency to go to the trouble of sponsoring you unless you have a lot of experience or a speciality they really want.
Kirsty wrote
Hi, I don't know if anyone will be able to help me, but I am studying a CSI degree at the moment in the UK and am seriously wanting to move out to USA and work as a CSI. Does anyone know if this is possible and how easy / hard is it to find employment?...

--Steve

Re: Working as a CSI in the USA from the UK

Kirsty
Thanks for your reply Steve, fingers crossed for a sponsor!!