Would Asthma prevent someone from becoming a CSI?

Would Asthma prevent someone from becoming a CSI?

Tifa
A friend of mine has recently shown an interest in becoming a CSI, however, she has asthma. I was wondering if this would prevent her from succeeding in this goal, or if she would simply have to take a tech position instead of a field position. Does anyone know about this? She would like to work in either California or Nevada.

Thank you for your time.

Re: Would Asthma prevent someone from becoming a CSI?

Wilson CSI
I don't see a reason why your friend can't.

Re: Would Asthma prevent someone from becoming a CSI?

Tifa
Thank you. I have no idea what sort of physical standards are set for a CSI. The only thing I know of to compare it to is becoming a police officer, and I've known people who had trouble passing the physical for that.

Re: Would Asthma prevent someone from becoming a CSI?

nsest1
It depends on the position and the department. If the position is a civilian position then usually there is no physical test aside from the generic bending down, lifting heavy objects, etc. as you need to be able to do that when working on scenes. Otherwise, sometimes the position requires you to be sworn in officer, in which you will be held to the same standards as a police officer which includes the physical assessment. So it can be either or if she applies as a sworn in officer or as a civilian depending on the departments.

Good Luck!