2nd question:Will there be additional training needed such as a few years in an active related field
3rd question:Does anyone know a place where I can began to get my feet wet in this field so when I am completed with school I will have some sort of experience or actual hands on training for resume purposes. I am open to any advice anyone has to offer. thanks

Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: a little lost

Your first two questions depend on what area of Forensics you want to work in and who you want to work for.  As far as question 3, ask you local police/sheriff agencies if you can volunteer with them.  That is a great way to get a little experience AND meet people in the field you eventually want to be hired in!