age and handprinter

csi_sky
Is it possible to determine the age from an headprinter ?

Re: age and handprinter

NFA_23
I am assuming you mean "hand print". I don't think that it is possible to determine age from a print. I think you can make general statements from hand prints, but not an accurate age determination.

By general statements, I mean "since the prints are small, its either a child or a midget" or, if you see lots of calluses on the prints, you may be able to infer that it's more likely a middle aged person, or perhaps an younger person who works with their hands alot. But, really for everything that I think of you can see there are at least two reasons behind it, but its better than nothing.

Re: age and handprinter

kphllps
You cannot tell a persons age from a print, nor can you determine how old a print is unless you know when it was deposited.

As mentioned in the previous reply, you can often see clues in a fingerprint that may give you an idea of age, but it is only a guestimate at best.