asperger's syndrome

Posted by Anon Anon
I have noticed that a lot of police departments require a psychological evaluation as part of the hiring process. Could having Asperger's get someone dropped from the hiring process, or is that not the sort of thing they are looking for?

wal1809 wal1809

Re: asperger's syndrome

I would imagine it would be an issue.
Anon Anon

Re: asperger's syndrome

Rereading, I realize that I was unclear. I was never diagnosed and am now, for the most part, functionally normal. However, since I fit the criteria as a child, I would still be considered to have it as an adult. What I am asking is would something like this come up, and if so, would it be a concern?
wal1809 wal1809

Re: asperger's syndrome

Your case is probably different.  If you display no signs of Aspergers then go to a doctor and get a written release for the line of work you are seaking.  If he signs off on it then you should be good to go.  Take that with you when you apply, be upfront about it and provide them with the release.  I don't see it being an issue if your doctor gives it a go.
Anon Anon

Re: asperger's syndrome

I will make sure to do that.

Thank you for your time.