background checks

Posted by david david
i had a few run ins with the law in my younger days i wanna work in csi im wondering if that might cause trouble my run ins consist of a couple of fight that only on landed me jail time i plead no contest and got 10 days in a county jail was a misdemeanor to start but after probation it was drop to a petty infraction only thing that is on my record. let me know if this might stop me from getting a job i dont wanna pay $22000  to go to school and not get a JOB!!!!

carlaCSI carlaCSI

Re: background checks

David,
If you were a juvenile that may not be a problem.  If you have had convictions as an adult I would contact your local law enforcement agency and ask them.
reavis1420 reavis1420

Re: background checks

it was as a adult i was 23 i am 31 now changed life around and trying to better myself
Victoria Victoria

Re: background checks

I have done some asking around myself about this same topic.  I had gotten in trouble when I was younger for shoplifting.  I pled not guilty at trial and was told to pay a fine.  It is on my record though.  I was told by a crime lab I was interested in a while back that they look at every situation individually.  They will look at your age as well as what you did and how long ago it was.  I was told they arn't looking for perfect people but honest people.  In most situations they care more that you are honest about what you did than what you did.  As long as it wasn't a felony or murder.  Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.
Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: background checks

Most employers will consider each applicant with a criminal record on a case-by-case basis, as long as no felonies have been committed.