background

Posted by Mel Mel
Is a background investigator allowed to 'hack' into an online networking group that you belong to if your profile is set to private?

NFA_23 NFA_23

Re: background

I would say not. By hacked, I assume you mean entered a restricted area or changed computer software or something like that. If they mislead you in to "adding them to a friends list" or something like that, that would be OK.
brent brent

Re: background

during my interview the background investigator threw me for a loop and had me sign on facebook and myspace right then and there, had me minimize it, and then checked it out after i left. basically, if you are applying for a professional position, be professional, erase or cancel anything you think may hurt your chances.
NFA_23 NFA_23

Re: background

As part of our background investigations, we do check those sites, and also google the person. So far, we haven't found anything of concern. But I am sure that we will find something bad eventually.