blood within pool of blood

Moonovermiami
I have a question about mixed blood samples.

(1)
how hard is it to distinguishe two types of blood (murder/victiom or two victims) in a pool of blood?  I know it can be done (Amanda-Know-Trial), but is this standard procedure?

(2)
A case example, of the more difficult sort: if somebody attacks two persons with a knife - scratches the first and stabs the second (the knife stays in the body) - is it possible to find blood of victim nr. one within the body? is it very hard, because it is only a drop of blood within a pool of blood? can blood wash off blood?

thank you very much for answering!!

cheers,

moonovermiami

Re: blood within pool of blood

chrissy75
I would imagine the blood can be tested and separated, finding separate dna samples within the blood. I'm sure it's a complicated process, and it is interesting. I"m currently attending school for my csi associate's degree, so we're now studying blood.
chrissy j.l.

Re: blood within pool of blood

henrykipson
REALLY INFORMATIVE THREAD....THAN KS FOR SHARING WITH US.