 my email address is sassytwin24@yahoo.com
I would also like to have a recruiter....

Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: classes

You should probably look into getting a hard science degree if you would like to become a CSI.  If you still want a background in Administration of Justice, you can minor in it.  As far as courses, contact your school of choice and I'm sure they would be happy to supply you with a course catalog that will list all the classes of the degree that you choose to persue.
Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: classes

Also, be sure to check out our page on How to Become a CSI (http://crime-scene-investigator.net/becomeone.html) and then use our Colleges and Training page (http://crime-scene-investigator.net/csi-training.html) as a resource to find where you can get your degree.
tastery10 tastery10

Re: classes

Hi Sara. My name is Tastery. I actually want to become a crime scene investigator. I actually just finished an internship where i was placed in the crime scene response unit. They all told me that all you need to be a CSI is a BS degree in Criminal Justice. Then you can become a police officer or a civilian to be a csi. So just take all the criminal justice courses you can. You'll get trained for the position too.
Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: classes

Hi Tastery.  Some employers will hire applicants with a Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice.  It depends on 1) the establishment's requirements and 2) what forensic position you are applying for.  There are many areas in CSI to specialize in, some requiring more law education, and some requiring more hard science education and experience.  Check out this link for more information! http://crime-scene-investigator.net/becomeone.html
tastery10 tastery10

Re: classes

Thank you. By the way, are you like a forensic examiner
Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: classes

No, not a Forensic Examiner.  I did, however, work in Pathology & Autopsy for a while.  My picture is from when I was doing some forensic research in a morgue. :)
Fly.Yang Fly.Yang

Re: classes

Somebody said that not all the CSI can go to the crime scene.It's true?
Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: classes

Fly.Yang-

No, not all CSI may be allowed at the same crime scene.  It can depend on what your job description is, or even if they need to you at the crime scene or not.
tastery10 tastery10

Re: classes

Hi. Sorry for just gettingf back to you. I really want to work in this field as a crime scene investigator and a forensic examiner.  Right now im contacting the dea, atf, and other federal crime sources to see if i can intern or do volunteer work in the field. I asked my criminal justice professors if working at a  medical examiners office will help me. they told me that its more for medical students then it is for criminal and forensic majors.
blondie_gurl blondie_gurl

Re: classes

here i don't know if this will help you this is the college credits you need for Pima community college...http://www.pima.edu/program/crime-scene/index.shtml