england applicant from the military police

england applicant from the military police

ellement
I am currently from England and in the army as aMilitary Police Officer. Im studying a forensics degree of which i want to go into crime scene investigation, upon leaving the army, but i want to move to Arizona. How would i go about applying for this?

Re: england applicant from the military police

There is a lot of competition for CSI jobs in the USA, but it is still a growing field with lots of opportunity. I have met at least one CSI working in the USA who came from the UK, so it is possible.

You can look for jobs on the employment page. Check the page frequently, we post jobs in Arizona often. You can also contact the Human Resources department of the agencies you might like to work for and ask to be notified when they have a future CSI job opening.

But the big question for you is how can you qualify to work in the United States. You can do a little research on the internet (google: working in the usa as a British citizen) but as I understand it you need to do one of these:

  • Have a Green Card (Permanent Residence) to work legally in the United States.
  • OR find an employer who will sponsor you for a temporary worker visa for a job opening they have. Since there are a lot of USA citizens applying for the CSI jobs, it might be difficult for you to get an agency to go to the trouble of sponsoring you unless you have a lot of experience or a speciality they really want.
ellement wrote
I am currently from England and in the army as aMilitary Police Officer. Im studying a forensics degree of which i want to go into crime scene investigation, upon leaving the army, but i want to move to Arizona. How would i go about applying for this?

--Steve