fingerprint imaging

Posted by Mark Mark
Hi.  I am a high school science teacher currently teaching a forensic science course.  I have been looking for a fingerprint scanner that will give me an image of the print.  It gets to be a pain having 100 students inking their prints, and scanning all of those would kill me.  All that I have been able to find are security scanners for computer passwords, timeclocks, doors, etc.  If you know of any hardware and/or software that would help with this, I would appreciate it.

Tammy Jean Tammy Jean

Re: fingerprint imaging

See if any of these may be what your looking for.
http://www.m2sys.com/biometric-fingerprint-readers.htm
Mark Mark

Re: fingerprint imaging

From what I have been able to tell from the scanners and software on that page, they are just setup to be a computer security device.  It seems like that hardware or any other fingerprint scanner would work fine if there was a program that would actually show you an image of the print instead of encrypting it to use as a password replacement.  Then again, that might just be wishful thinking.  I know my solution is out there...somewhere...  Whether they are available to organizations other than law enforcement, I don't know.
Tammy Jean Tammy Jean

Re: fingerprint imaging

I guess the next step would be to ask your local Police Dept. or Sheriff's Dept.
Maybe they can help you find what your looking for.

google.com had some others on there also..
That was maybe the 2nd or 3rd site I looked at that might have come close
to what your looking for.

Good Luck