fingerprints on firearms

Posted by DebC DebC
I am currently writing my dissertation and can`t find some information. I am reviewing an old case. A man was convicted of murder but pleads innocent. There were 2 fingerprints identified on the rifle, one was his found on the breech end barrel, above the stock and pointing across the gun, his right forefinger. the other fingerprint is of the person he said did the murders and then shot themselves, that one was right ring finger, right side of butt and pointing downwards on the rifle. are these consistent with him being guilty or the other guilty of murder/suicide? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Coleen Coleen

Re: fingerprints on firearms

Ask yourself this, how does JUST that one fingerprint convict him?
Neil Neil

Re: fingerprints on firearms

Its consistent with their fingerprints being on the gun. You dont know when or how they got on the gun. Dead guy could have touched the gun 5 days earlier. Same could be said about the other dude.