firearm and toolmark examiner

whirlygirl
I am just starting my BS in crime scene management so I have a bit before I start applying for jobs. I would like to specialize in firearm and toolmarks examination. All the job postings I have found only ask for experience being in the position but nothing about the training required to even get to that point. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Looking through the the AFTE website it requires experience and current employment to apply for the certification that is requested in job announcements I've read through. Thanks for any info!