gaining experience

kerrie
i recently graduated in 2010 with my B.S. degree in Criminal Justice and a diploma in Crime Scene Investigations. I have been trying to find jobs in Tampa, Fl or surrounding cities and really dont want to go the route of starting as a deputy. how can I find places that will hire no experince people or even how can i gain the field experience some places require?

Re: gaining experience

AKCSI
I haven't yet graduated with my degree but I have been looking at various employment opportunities to see what is required and I find it very difficult as well in finding a department that is willing to give the experience they are requiring.  Everyone wants experience but no one wants to give it.  How can we obtain the experience required?  It's very frustrating.  The only answer I have been able to come up with is trying to find someone that KNOWS someone in the position to offer the experience.  It always seems to come down to WHO you know, not WHAT you know.