im in need for an interview with a professional crime scene investigator

im in need for an interview with a professional crime scene investigator

audrey melton
My name is Audrey melton and i am in mrs. brassell's 7th grade career investigation class. I have been assigned to investigate a career that intrest me. If you dont mind i have a few questions i would like to ask you. please respond back thank you.
Liz

Re: im in need for an interview with a professional crime scene investigator

Liz
What are your questions?

Re: im in need for an interview with a professional crime scene investigator

audrey melton
what inspired you to pursue this career
howmuch money do you make a year
what are the pros and cons of crime scene investigation
what are the requirements for your job
what classes are helpful
Liz

Re: im in need for an interview with a professional crime scene investigator

Liz

I love helping people, and in addition to being an EMT, this is a great way to do that.

Salary depends on where you work. I have two new applications out right now, one pays $32,000/year and the other is $45,000/year. It depends on the cost of living in the area.

Pros and cons will be different for everyone, depending on what you like and don't like. The pros for me, helping people, solving a puzzle, having to think on a daily basis, never knowing what to expect on a shift. There is only one thing that makes me dislike this job, seeing hurt children.

Requirements depend on where you work. Experience is usually required, but not always. Some agencies require only a high school diploma, others, a masters degree. You need to look for places meeting your education requirements.

Classes, well, again, that depends on the agency. Some places want a hard science degree, others want a criminal justice degree, I don't think that what classes you take have much to do with it, unless its totally unrelated, like accounting, or politics.