interview for a school paper

Smith
hey, my class is doing a career project and we are required to have an interview. so here are a few questions:

1. how many years of education is needed?
2. do you have some experince before entering a job?
3. what are some benefits?
4. what are some drawbacks?
5. what is daily routine?
6. how many hours do you work?
7. what is the best/hardest part of the job?
8. What advice would you give to a person trying to get a job in this field and/or just starting out in the job?

please respond asap! thanks
Liz

Re: interview for a school paper

Liz
For me, I went to school for 4 years, I have a Bachelors Degree, but some departments only require a High School Diploma, others require a Masters Degree. Experience is a huge factor in getting hired. I have 6 months experience, I had to do an internship before I could get my degree, and in most places, that's not enough, which stinks because how can one get enough experience if they can't get a job? Benefits of the job will vary depending on who you speak with. I enjoy finding all the pieces of the puzzle and being able to come to a solution, also, just the thank you from victims; knowing that I was able to help someone. Drawbacks, again, depend on who you speak with. I think the worst part is the shift work (you get used to it after a while), and having to work on holidays. There is no such thing as a daily routine in this job, every day is different, and that's what I love about it; I never know what to expect. Usually it's a full time job, but in some departments, maybe part time, there is definitely over time involved when working a major case. The best part of the job, like I said earlier, is the thank you I get. The worst part, seeing hurt children, but again, those will vary depending on who you talk to. The best advice, DON'T GIVE UP. If you want it bad enough, you'll get it. I just drove 23 hours to an interview, haven't heard yet, but it shows that I want it more than anyone else applying. When you are applying, apply for the education you have, they will have to take someone when they run out of people with experience.