I want to become a crime scene investigator, but i am not sure what to major in in college? do i need to specifically major in forensic chemistry or are there other majors that will help me become a crime scene investigator? and also what minors will be helpful?

Thanks!

Wilson CSI Wilson CSI

Re: majors in college

Depends what you want to do in Forensic. Biology, Chemistry, etc...  A good hard science major will do you a world of good.
Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: majors in college

I definately agree with Wilson.  Hard science degrees are a great knowledge base.  There are many different areas to work in Forensics.  Try to narrow down the areas you would really like to work in, and go from there.

Here is the link to the Colleges & Training page: http://crime-scene-investigator.net/csi-training.html
Look and see what types of degrees are offered and what they can be applied to.

Also, here is some information about becoming a CSI:http://crime-scene-investigator.net/becomeone.html