strange stain on back seat

Posted by don don
how can i tell what a stain is, if its semen or vaginal fluid?

Hotwired Hotwired

Re: strange stain on back seat

We used acid phosphatase reagent for semen stains - confirming a 'positive' by looking for sperm heads (Horse radish does not have sperm heads).

Vaginal fluid - I recall looking for squamal cells (swab stain/sample, spin down in centrifuge, on to microscope slide, stain with H&E (Haemotoxylin and Eosin).

Apologies if the info' is out of date - I have not been a forensic scientist for over 16 years now.