wondering????

Posted by ashley ashley
I have been interested in this field since I was a child and have just been afforded the opputunity to go back to school the unfortunate side is that I'm 25 yrs old and I totally am not in the know of how to find out what classes I would want to take for this field and the adviser at my college of choice will not talk to me til I go pick my classes and I kind of want to be on my A game when I go in there and know what classes I want to take!!! Anyone know where I should start or where to get info I need!!! Any help would be great thanks ashley

chemgirl chemgirl

Re: wondering????

What exactly are you interested in? Collecting evidence, photography, working in the lab?  There are a lot of different things to do in the field.  For instance I majored in Chemistry in college. I like working in the lab and being hands on.  I know I look for jobs like criminalist or forensic chemist/scientist, where I can work in the lab and apply my knowledge from the field of chemistry. The best thing is to do more research in the field. I know for myself since I have a background in chemistry if I wanted to go into DNA, I need to take courses in biology, genetics, etc.  I would say check out info from this site and the American Academy of Forensic Science.  You can google the topic, there is a vast amount of information on the web.
MDM MDM

Re: wondering????

I also have been interested in the crime scene investigations field since my childhood.  Recently, I've been doing alot of research into schools and courses to become a CSI and so far I'm now enrolled in Everest University Online.  I gave them my information and they contacted me via telephone to let me know how it all works and what courses I would need to take. I too am 25 and honestly had no idea how the college thing worked but the student rep. was incredibly helpfull. So my suggestion to you is to do some more research into schools (either online or actual campus), and give them some contact info so they can speak with you to help you through the process.  It worked for me and my classes start Aug. 24th so... please wish me luck!
buttercupfan522 buttercupfan522

Re: wondering????

Have any of you researched South University?  I spoke to an advisor there who was very helpful.  I actually submitted my application for the Masters in Science in Criminal Justice.  But I also submitted an inquiry through Kaplan but haven't really spoken to them yet.  Through this site it seems like Kaplan is recommended.  Any thoughts?
WANNABCSI43 WANNABCSI43

Re: wondering????

I enrolled in AIU and classes start for me in Oct. they were very helpful and walked me through everything. I will be in the accelerated Criminal justic program 3 years receiving a Bachelor's Degree.
I am very interested in all facets of CSI. Cannot wait to get started. AIU-American Intercontinental University....Good luck all